Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Reflections 2009


Merry Christmas Everyone!


Every year I tell myself that I am mailing out Christmas cards. I’ve even purchased cards yet, I never mail them. Days and weekends just fly by! This year I discovered Christmas newslettering and realized it’s a quick innovative way to catch up and bring family/friends up to speed on the events and happenings that occurred in my life the pass year. By newslettering, I am sharing my joys and highlights with you, my dearest friends. I’m beginning a new tradition of celebrating the season while reflecting on the greatness of God active in our lives throughout the year.

2009 has truly been a divine year! It was a year full of excitement with multiple travels to great cities across the U.S. for work & play, a prestigious presenting of my research data on Tomorrow’s Leaders in Aging (My young professionals in aging org) at the 2009 ASA/NCOA Conference, and celebrating my heavenly 27th birthday with my BFFs/F&F ~Holla! J It has also been a year of defining firsts including a) witnessing the inauguration of our nation’s for Black President, Barack Obama, b) realizing the American dream of home ownership and purchased my first home, spending quality time with family and friends, and c) capping the year off with a wonderful fun-filled vacation to Negril, JA where I met a potential love for life! Wow, what a year and that is just a short list of God’s many blessings to me and mine (this means you as a part of me)!!!!

I am looking forward to 2010 being even better. In 2010, we all win!

I hold all of you close to my heart and thank you for contributing to all of the joy I experienced in 2009 professionally and personally. What matters most at this time is the impact one may have on another’s life.
Know that you have left on indelible mark on my life and I pray I have left the same in yours. Alas, lest we forget that Jesus is the reason for the season! Matthew 1:21 states, “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” cue: ♪ Joy to The World ♪



Enjoy all the great Christmas carols this week and praise HIM!

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Wonderful 2010. May God Bless You!! Love, Urrikka
blog comments powered by Disqus