Sunday, June 14, 2009

U-Shaped




Summer is here! What this season means to so many is bringing out those bathing suits, shorts, sleeveless shirts, and the season staple garment—the summer dress. This spring I started an 8-week bootcamp workout class along with three other fabulous friends to get my humps and lady lumps more defined. Unlike Fergie, my humps and lady lumps need the assistance of modern fashion technology to achieve that optimal smooth flat abdomen and perky breasts. Many women who are classified as “thick,” “plus size,” and/ or “fat” know this area of fashion all to well: the beloved and dreaded girdle. The fashion guru’s have renamed this line of undergarments “shapewear,” but the goal is the same— to tighten and uplift our bountiful assets. These items are in no way a substitute for crunches, and won’t transform you from Mrs. Parker to Cherry, LOL!






In tandem with working out all spring, I have been trying out various shapewear to aid in resculpting my curves for the summer. I tried two of the most talked about brands: Spanks and Dr. Rey’s Shapewear. I truly don’t get the hype about Spanks, they feel like regular ole’ control top pantyhose to me. The only difference are the feet cut outs and the “bathroom” opening was frankly just creepy to me. The winning summer undergarment for me is Dr. Rey’s Shapewear! You may remember him from E! channel’s Dr. 90210 series. I could give my 10 top reasons why I love it, but I’m already giving free advertisement, lol. Hit me up on sidebar for more discussion.


Ladies, what are some of your body shaping secrets? How have you embraced and accepted your shape and body image?







Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I am a member of TV & A and saw your blog snippet. Very Clever. My biggest body shaping secret is taking my good attributes (i.e. my gorgeous breasts and nice legs) and putting them on front street. I'm not saying that I wear shirts low enough to breastfeed a country or skirts so short that I cause accidents standing up! But I put thought into buying clothes that accent those places and draw your eyes to them so that by the time you realize that I have some extra everywhere else it's just that...a secondary thought. Didi I mention my face? I make sure thatI engage people when they first meet me and keep there attention on my beautiful face and smile as long as I can too! As for embracing my shape and body image...Honey, I have been thick all my life and was raised where my Momma said that your emphasis is on health not maintaing a certain size. Trust and believe that I am a very healthy woman! There are things I do that women in a size 00 can't touch! So I love me continuously and show the world that I have so much to offerthat if I was built any other way that they would feel short-changed.

    ReplyDelete